The Fall/Winter 2017 R13 collection remained true to the label’s grunge-tinged aesthetic, but with a more modern approach. The designer reworked classics, thinking outside the box with shirts worn backwards, while incorporating classic flower prints, which were inspired by the British Museum. Oribe Global Ambassador James Pecis created an effortlessly grunge “winter weather hair” look that was a reflection of the '90s references in the collection. The style varied by model based on their natural texture and haircut.
Get the Look:
- Begin by assessing the model’s haircut.
- Prep with Maximista Thickening Spray from roots to ends, and tousle with hands to dry. If needed, loosely curl hair to create a small bend. Don’t use a brush on the hair and embrace the “clumps.”
- Spray Swept Up Volume Powder Spray (launching April 2017) at the roots and crown, massaging it in to build volume.
- Push in hair at the nape of the neck, focusing on volume at the crown.
- Use Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse to scrunch the ends and add separation. Diffuse after if needed.
- Finish the look by pulling pieces out at the front.