This season, Brandon Maxwell’s collection was, as the designer put it, a bit more wearable. With shades of olive and petal pink, the collection introduced a covert sexiness to the Soring/Summer 2017 runway. Because of the multiple hair textures seen on the catwalk, lead stylist James Pecis took this as an opportunity to celebrate individuality and movement, however the high, tight ponytail was a style favorite.
Get the Look:
- Start by creating a diamond section at the crown.
- Spray Maximista Thickening Spray at the roots and brush the hair away from the head. This is the base of the ponytail so the center of the diamond is where the ponytail will sit.
- After brushing, take 1-inch sections of hair and spray another dose of Maximista Thickening Spray at the roots. Brush the hair up to the center.
- Secure the ponytail with an elastic, wrapping it tightly around the base. Wrap a second elastic around the ponytail, directly on top of the other, to create volume.
- Flatiron the hair in the ponytail. Cover the elastic with leather.
- Finish with Superfine Hair Spray to tame flyaways.