The perfect beachy wave is arguably one of the holy grails of great hair (not to mention that it looks perfect with any summer outfit). We asked four of our favorite hairstylists from LA to the Hamptons for their best—and most creative—tips for creating this coveted style. Scroll through the slideshow to see what they came up with.
Get the Look
1. Prep the hair with Foundation Mist.
2. Create five sections—one at the crown, and then divide the remaining hair into four quadrants.
3. Apply Curl Shaping Mousse to each section and braid all five sections.
4. You can let the braids air-dry (this style is perfect before bedtime for beachy waves when you wakeup) or gently flatiron each braid if you’re in a rush.
5. Take the braids out and unbraid. Use your hands to gently break apart the braids.
6. Finish the look with Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray at the ends for separation and shine.